Position Summary: The Loss Mitigation Specialist acts as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) and is assigned a portfolio of non-performing assets to contact, negotiate and complete loss mitigation alternatives to minimize foreclosure losses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Contributes to the progress of the department by understanding the measurements used to define success and how they can positively impact those measurements.
- Meets monthly individual and team goals and key performance indicators.
- Handles a portfolio of multiple mortgage products that are 90+ days delinquent, or have requested loss mitigation, as governed by investor, departmental and legal guidelines; minimizing the loss due to foreclosure through the use of loss mitigation options.
- Receives inbound calls and makes outbound calls to customers, attorneys, realtors and other authorized parties on the account and educates them on options available to resolve delinquencies.
- Understands and discusses customers’ general requirements for loan modifications, short sales, deeds in lieu, cash for keys, and consents to judgment other loss mitigation options.
- Analyzes specific financial situations; recommends and initiates the proper loss mitigation tool to assist each borrower.
- Conducts light skip-tracing activities.
- Reviews title searches to ensure that no title issues threaten the standing of our investor’s lien on the property.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Reviews and update daily reports and accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The qualified candidate must have:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to use good judgment.
- Strong consulting and advising customer communication skills via telephone and written communication.
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- GSE loss mitigation experience preferred, with specific emphasis on FHLMC and FNMA loss mitigation
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Previous experience with MSP, Black Knight/LPS and Fiserv preferred.
Selene Finance LP is committed to the total wellbeing of its employees therefore offers one of the best benefits package available in the industry today which include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental &Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays (10 ½ days off)
- Company paid Life Insurance,
- Matching 401(k) Plan
The job requirement listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related
instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Selene Finance LP reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.