Selene Finance LP, a mortgage loan Special Servicer with locations in Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL, and Horsham, PA, specializes in loan resolution strategies designed to preserve home ownership and distressed asset rehabilitation. Founded in 2007 to address
a specific need in the mortgage industry, we strive to keep borrowers in their homes by making their mortgages affordable. A positive attitude coupled with proven creative thinking and actions are attributes we seek in all of our employees. If you want to
make a difference, Selene is the place for you!
: The Litigation Specialist will work hands-on with in-house counsel in managing and resolving litigation and contested foreclosure and bankruptcy cases
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
- Gather and analyze documents and records to determine and communicate case merit and assign monetary risk to the company.
- Organize litigation and contested files.
- Develop strategy with in-house and local counsel to be used in court that is consistent with applicable law and investor guidelines.
- Work closely with in-house counsel to analyze settlement offers.
- Update the litigation database and reports with current information of the status of the litigation, strategy currently used and upcoming critical events and dates.
- Ensure in-house counsel is updated on status of all litigation and contested cases.
- Prepare summary of case and discuss with counsel and investors, as needed.
- Track and follow up on hearings, motions, pleadings, etc.
- Identify gaps in company policies and procedures which allowed breakdown leading to contest or litigation and make suggestions to correct process, if applicable.
- Handle inquiries by responding to emails, intercoms, handling appropriate document execution, title issue resolution and other related tasks.
- Copy documents, create and save files, as needed.
- Complete legal research, as needed.
- Work with foreclosure and bankruptcy team members to pass off files.
- Understand mortgage loan servicing and the default, foreclosure, bankruptcy and loss mitigation processes.
- Possess advanced analytical skills, ability to analyze problems and provide appropriate solution.
- Possess strong professional and interpersonal communication skills verbally and through written electronic correspondence.
- Read legal terms and conditions and understand their meaning and how it applies to work processes.
- Analyze data and make recommendations on how to improve trends.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality to protect privacy rights.
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) - Bachelor’s degree (BA) from accredited college or an Associate’s degree from an accredited college plus a paralegal certification, and two (2) or more years working as a paralegal, litigation
specialist or related area in mortgage servicing. The individual must be analytical, organized, detail oriented and have the ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines. The individual must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be
team-oriented. Must have experience in real estate, mortgage and/or financial services
Selene Finance LP is committed to the total wellbeing of its employees therefore offers one of the best benefits package available in the industry today which include:
Posted 7/23/20178; please apply within 5 days
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental &Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays (10 ½ days off)
- Company paid Life Insurance,
- Matching 401(k) Plan
The job requirement listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related
instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Selene Finance LP reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.