Selene Finance LP, a mortgage loan Special Servicer with locations in Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL, and Horsham, PA, specializes in loan resolution strategies designed to preserve home ownership and distressed asset rehabilitation. Founded in 2007 to address
a specific need in the mortgage industry, we strive to keep borrowers in their homes by making their mortgages affordable. A positive attitude coupled with proven creative thinking and actions are attributes we seek in all of our employees. If you want to
make a difference, Selene is the place for you!
: The Loss Analyst assists Loan Servicing with minimizing loan losses. They partner with Loan Servicing to ensure timeframes are met, per investor and insurer guidelines. The Loss Analyst is also responsible for facilitating
the loan removal process on all loan liquidation accounts on the servicing system
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors and tracks Freddie Mac timelines and compensatory fee issues.
- Works closely with other business units to create a detailed review and timeline of the default process insuring timelines were met or determine if the delay was controllable or uncontrollable.
- Performs detailed reviews to confirm all applicable reporting was completed.
- Identifies root cause of any timeline delays, process gaps, reporting errors and provides analysis of findings to management.
- Performs accurate financial reconciliation of default expenses and funds received.
- Completes root cause analysis to identify accurate source(s) for losses and/or gains.
- Identifies additional recovery opportunities with investors, insurers and/or vendors.
- Communicates process improvement opportunities and controllable loss patterns to team and management.
- Assists team with business needs as required.
: This is not a work from home opportunity.
Education / Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associate's degree (A. A.) from two-year College preferred. Two to four years' related experience and/or training required.
Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Previous experience with MSP, Black Knight/LPS and Fiserv preferred
Some travel maybe required
Posted 10/17/2018; please apply within 5 days
Selene Finance LP is committed to the total wellbeing of its employees therefore offers one of the best benefits package available in the industry today which include:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Medical, Dental &Vision
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Paid Holidays (10 ½ days off)
Company paid Life Insurance,
Matching 401(k) Plan
The job requirement listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related
instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Selene Finance LP reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.