Selene Finance LP, a mortgage loan Special Servicer with locations in Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL, and Horsham, PA, specializes in loan resolution strategies designed to preserve home ownership and distressed asset rehabilitation. Founded in 2007 to address
a specific need in the mortgage industry, we strive to keep borrowers in their homes by making their mortgages affordable. A positive attitude coupled with proven creative thinking and actions are attributes we seek in all of our employees. If you want to
make a difference, Selene is the place for you!
: The Senior Bank Reconciliation Analyst is responsible for the reconciliation of custodial and clearing bank accounts and escalating and clearing items associated with the accounts. In addition this position will provide support
to the supervisor in fulfilling requests from various audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with the ability to prioritize and maintain a large volume of multi-faceted work. Also required
is the ability to be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced and changing business environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
- Completes daily reconciliation on clearing bank account activities to system reports and ensure daily submitted reconciliations are audit-ready.
- Completes monthly bank reconciliations on custodial Principle and Interest (P&I) and Taxes and Interest (T&I) accounts within 30 days from bank statement cutoff date and ensure final reconciliations are audit-ready.
- Thoroughly researches and identifies items in the bank accounts requiring very minimal supervision.
- Escalates and follows through clearing of items in the accounts to ensure departmental goals are met.
- Updates and logs completion of accounts and outstanding items in the Bank Reconciliation Matrix.
- Assists in completing audit requests from various investors, state and regulatory agencies.
- Completes month-end deliverables to departments within Selene timely
- Monitors bank custodial accounts to ensure that no overdrafts occur.
- Assists in various cash management functions as needed.
- Assists in training new hires and cross-training training.
- Filing and boxing files to be sent to offsite storage.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from four-year college or university or with minimum 5 years extensive bank reconciliation/mortgage industry experience is required.
Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Advanced Excel skills (knowledgeable in Advanced Excel formula like VlookUp, SumIf, etc.), previous experience with MSP, Black Knight/LPS
and Fiserv preferred. To perform this job successfully, the candidate should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Posted 11/30/2018; Please apply within 5 days
Selene Finance LP is committed to the total wellbeing of its employees therefore offers one of the best benefits package available in the industry today which include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental &Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays (10 ½ days off)
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Plan
The job requirement listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related
instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Selene Finance LP reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.